- Node & NPM
- check if you have node installed by typing
node -vin your command line and if you have npm installed by typing
- If not follow instructions to install the LTS Long Term Support Node version Node Installation
- npm comes with Node
- Yarn Package Manager
- This guide will use
yarnfor package management.
- Yarn installation for Mac
- Yarn installation for Windows
- A modern browser like Chrome or Firefox with React DevTools installed.
Create React Application
create-react-app, is a way to quickly create the foundation for modern, React applications and is officially supported by React maintainers.
Create a new React project with
create-react-app by running the following command in your terminal:
yarn create react-app exploration-app
This will create a folder named
exploration-appin the directory that you run the above command in. Inside of the
exploration-app directory will be a fully-functional, bare bones React application.
You should be able to view the React app you just created by typing the following commands which switches the
exploration-app directory and then starts the server.
cd exploration-app yarn start
Explore the Create-React-App Docs here